CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A fanfic

Hello All!

Around 5 years ago, I was a huge fan of the Harry Potter series.I knew it inside out and used to, like millions others, spend time reading fanfics (stories written by fans). Soon, I thought I'd give writing one a shot and here is the result. Its really old but i wanted to share it :D Do post your comments :)

“Ah! Knew you’d be here...” It had become her favorite spot in the castle-the astronomy tower; maybe it’s the solitude she gets to enjoy, now that no one really comes up here anymore. “ Mione? Are you fine? Look at me please.” his eyes narrowed with worry on instinct. He didn’t like it when she was upset. She wasn’t supposed to be upset. She shouldn’t be upset. It just doesn’t feel right.

She turned slowly to reveal the bright brown eyes he always allowed himself to drown in, now red and swollen from the endless tears shed. He couldn’t blame her. She had lost more than her beloveds in the final battle. He knew, perhaps more than she, herself. He knew she had lost herself-the one he’s been pining for, the one he’s grown to love . All that he loved about her-her unwavering confidence, her instinct to know just the right thing to do, her unfaltering support; the way she read books in the common room couch where the firelight gently reflects flickers of bright reddish orange flames in her bright brown eyes-everything, everything had disappeared. Nothing remained. She had stopped living. He knew it. Who wouldn’t? Anyone who knew her eyes, who observed her would know it-the spark was missing, replaced by sorrow look in her eyes, the walk was frigid and lifeless; the smiles were fake and definitely rare. No Sire, No . He didn’t fulfill the prophecy to see this! He had dreamed of a life where he would have a family of his own and never did the thought of another woman struck him-it was always Hermione , always. That-she- was his fuel to go on when there was no hope in the air. He spent the entire night last night thinking only to realize that it was time.

To change. Today. He will bring the old Hermione-his Hermione back.

He walked towards her and wrapped her in an embrace she very much needed. “I can’t stand it anymore Harry...I just can’t” she mumbled into his sweater. “I’ve lost everyone, everything Harry.” It pained him to see her in this state. He pulled her closer and gently rubbing her back. “Why Harry? Why did we fight the war? Why did all this happen? I don’t like it Harry.” He knew what he had to do now. “Mione, relax. It’s alright.” She pulled away from him with such unexpected force with a face being stained by the tears which ran down her face. “How could you say that Harry? After all that happened? How could you?” Harry stepped up to her, forced her to look at him said “Mione, I have the one thing which kept me going, gave me the strength and kept me alive, I have you, Mione, I have you. That’s why. That’s why Im still alive. That’s why I won the war. That’s why I love you. That’s why.” He stopped abruptly realizing he had said far more than he had intended to. Hermione noticed and the look of disgust now turned to one of shock. “But... but.” She sputtered only to be cut off, her lips met by his as they melted into a kiss of security, comfort and love.

She looked at his face, her friend’s, her best friend’s, the one who had become a man, when she didn’t realize it. She peered into his eyes and saw the sincerity and security she had been searching for. She leaned back on his chest feeling at home . A smile crept upon his face “What?” she asked. “Nothing, it’s just that I never thought this would happen...” he replied. “ Can I ask something Harry?” “Anything” he shot back. She turned to face him and with her voice shaky asked-

“Harry? You will stay with me right? You wont leave me will you Harry?”

“I won’t.” her replied with every ounce of sincerity in him

And he never did.

1 comments:

Dreamer said...

Oh no no no!! This is simply unacceptable! It just does not feel right. Like imagining a stupid Hermione or a friendly blast ended skrewt! Its Ron and only Ron. And for Harry, it cant be anyone else but Ginny!!

This simply does not fit!

Good try though :)